When it comes to our values, you’re at the top of the list.
Field Communication Engineer
- B.Sc. Computer Science / IT (or the equivalent).
- Must have good command of English language (read, write, understand).
- Conversational in Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba would be an added advantage
- The candidate will be required to have good customer skills, as establishing the client’s need and telephonic support are key requirements.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience with SQL2005/2008/2012.
- T-SQL: Maintenance and troubleshooting various database related issues.
- Understand how to backup and restore databases.
- Should be proficient with writing complex SQL Queries using multiple joins / advanced syntax, and creating Views, creating Table indexes, understanding Normalisation.
- Should be proficient with SQL Profiler.
- Should be proficient with creating new tables and modifying existing tables.
- Should be proficient with primary keys and other types of table constraints.
- At least 2 years’ intermediate level experience with developing in C#..
- At least 2 years’ experience with WebService and XML.
- IP Addressing: Internal / External IP addressing and troubleshooting network layer related issues.
- Firewalls: Configuration and troubleshooting TCP layer related issues.
- Window Domain Architecture: Active Directory and Domain Controllers, Fire Services and Replication, Group policy.
- Some experience and an aptitude for understanding hardware and being prepared to be trained up in this field is a requirement.
- Previous experience in the banking and financial industry specially with regards to cheque and eft clearing systems.
- Need to be contactable 24/7 to provide effective support to client.
- Having their own transport to get to client site quickly as possible would be a plus, but not a requirement if taxi service is reliable.
- Must have a valid passport so they can be trained up in South Africa on the workings of Sybrin’s solutions and the specifics of any system implemented in Nigeria.
Responsibilities: (what they’ll be doing)
- Implementation/Bug Fixing and further customization of the solution (requires good customer facing skills & initiative, as well as good SQL language and relational database design knowledge).
- Customization of the solution through configurations and writing code will be necessary for all implementations.
- The candidate will need to go and implement the solution on the customer site. Therefore, they will not be required to do hectic development but must have intermediate knowledge of C# and Web Technologies.
- Intermediate SQL knowledge, Networking and Operating Systems as they will need to configure and Customize the solution
Contract and Remuneration:
- Permanent Contract
- Very competitive salary based on experience and skill levels.
Why Work With Us
Proactive Technologies is a leading Nigerian technology company in the provision of payment and information processing solutions with particular emphasis on Voucher Processing, EFT, Day 2, Automated Clearing Houses, Mobile Commerce, Host banking enhancement, and KYC amongst leading corporations, banks and clearing houses.